by Lauren Henderson
You may be a master tech, master of sales or master service writer but have you mastered the art of making your customer feel like you genuinely care?
The relationship you build with your customers is one of the defining factors setting you apart from the competition. Hopefully, it’s setting you apart in a good way. It’s important you do a good job under the hood but remember who’s handing over the payment.
Try changing your daily customer dialogue to balance technical questions with observant ones. It naturally encourages conversation and will leave customers feeling good about the job you did. Here’s an example dialogue:
1. Anything new you’ve noticed about the way your car is driving?
2. Have any exciting plans for the rest of the day?
3. What’s your daily commute like?
4. So you must be a fan of XYZ TEAM? What did you think about their last game?
5. We’ve got you all set. Have any questions? Bring your car back in XYZ months/miles and please don’t hesitate to call us for anything you need in the meantime.
A balanced conversation leaves the customer feeling like you took care of them and genuinely cared about them. Chances are they won’t think twice about where they take their car for its next oil change.
Have any tips for building customer relationships and keeping returning customers in your bays? Comment below.