Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• A former lube shop lives on as a…recording studio! Weird but true.
• A nearly 20-year-old lube shop oil spill prompts one Illinois community to ban the drinking of well water.
• New auto repair and lube shop opens in Pennsylvania.
• “Oil Change the Musical Comedy”. Yep, there’s a play about our industry!
• Suburban St. Louis VIOC asks that its plan to open on Sundays be reconsidered.
• Connecticut VIOC submits oil leak plan (one requiring expensive changes) to meet new state regulations.
• Georgia shop donates oil change proceeds to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
(This post written while listening to “Loss of Control” by Van Halen.)