Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• More on yet another Heartland/Jiffy Lube acquisition.
• Florida attorney general opens investigation into North Florida Lubes after allegations of deceptive trade practices were raised by media exposes.
• More on last week’s car accident that injured a lube tech and a lube customer.
• New highway interchange will force a Valvoline Instant Oil Change to close for good.
• Feature on a Pennsylvania Grease Monkey operator.
• Town council denies a VIOC’s request to open on Sundays.
• EEOC sues Walmart after Tire & Lube Express manager terminated.
• Parent company of Meineke is purchased by private equity firm.
• Valvoline to open “Valvoline Lub Oil Change Shops” in Pakistan. (And no, the “Lub” is not misspelled!)
(This post written while listening to “When I’m Gone” by 3 Doors Down.)