Oil change companies making headlines this week include:
• Louisiana-based Take 5 Oil Change has been purchased by a private equity firm. No details have been disclosed, though the investment firm does expect to retain existing Take 5 management. More on the equity firm here.
• Car crashes into Salt Lake City Jiffy Lube, injuring one employee and a customer.
• Tip from Jiffy Lube employee leads to organized crime arrest.
• Victory Lane Quick Oil Change adds repair work to its services. (Seems to be part of a growing trend in the lube business.)
• Maryland Jiffy Lube is robbed. Fortunately no one was injured.
• Minor oil spill at an Illinois Jiffy Lube.
(This post written while listening to “Hold On to 18” by Black N Blue. I’d settle for 28 at this point in my life!)