Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• EZ Lube kicks off safe-driving campaign for teens.
• Indiana Jiffy Lube closes its doors. To be replaced with an apartment complex.
• Ohio lube shop victim of a break-in.
• Florida VIOC franchisee lands a nearly $2.4 million loan.
• Valvoline expands roadside assistance program.
• Breaking ground on a new 6,000-square-foot Kwik Kar facility in Texas.
• Louisiana operator runs for public office — assessor of St. Tammany parish (that’s what they call “counties” in Louisiana!).
• Interesting feature on Jiffy Lube University, the training program at Jiffy Lube.
• The largest “fast lube” chain outside the United States (150 shops and counting) celebrates its 10th anniversary.
(This post written while listening to “Buddy Holly” by Weezer.)