Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• Employees at an Illinois lube shop help detain a violent man until police arrive. (With video.)
• An armed assailant robs a Jiffy Lube in Wichita. (Glad no one was hurt.)
• Businesses damaged by the Tuscaloosa tornado – including some lube shops – face red tape hurdles in their efforts to rebuild.
• California Midas/SpeeDee Oil Change celebrates co-branded grand opening.
• New truck lube opens in suburban Houston.
• An anonymous former dealership service manager skewers the lube industry – and dealerships, to some extent – in a popular national magazine. (And just for the record, I bet dealerships have damaged just as many, if not more, vehicles than the lube industry!)
(This post written while listening to “Closing Time” by Semisonic. Yes, I do listen to music recorded after 1990!)