Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• Midas deals with a stagnant stock price despite increased sales, leading some to believe the company is up for sale. (Ah, the joy of being a publicly traded company. Anyone remember LUCOR, the publicly traded Jiffy Lube franchisee?)
• Quick look at the new EZ Lube management team.
• Not all new Walmarts are eschewing the Tire & Lube Express.
• North Carolina lube shop temporarily shuts down due to road construction.
• Lube shop wins city vehicle maintenance contract (scroll to the bottom to see).
• Police recover vehicle stolen from Canadian lube shop.
• Texas lube operator (and former investigative reporter) considers running for Congress.
(This post written while listening to “I Don’t Care Anymore” by Phil Collins.)