Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• EZ Lube, reinvigorated under new ownership and management, is looking to hire.
• Bosselman Boss Shops opens six new truck lubes.
• Operator named to chamber of commerce board.
• Ashland lauded by the U.S. EPA for its Valvoline shipping programs.
• Police arrest suspect in slaying of Nebraska lube shop manager.
• New Walmart opens in Washington state — without a Tire and Lube Express. And a New Jersey Walmart plans a remodel that will close its TLE. Begs the question: Is Walmart getting out of the lube business?
• Minnesota Jiffy Lube lauded by blogger for rescuing her and her kid from the cold. The industry could do with more of these tales.
• Property that includes a lube shop sells for $2.3 million.
• Valvoline Instant Oil Change employees stop a man attempting to steal oil filters. (Now what on earth is a guy going to do with an armful of oil filters? Are pawn shops offering top dollar for them these days?)
• What happens when you royally botch miles-to-kilometers calculations? The awesome 3,000-kilometer oil change. (That’s about 1,800 miles, in case you were wondering.)
• New highway construction will flatten a Minnesota Valvoline Instant Oil Change.
(This post written while listening to “Animal” by Def Leppard.)