Back from the holidays with oil change companies making headlines, including:
• More on Ford’s push to make Quick Lane one of the market leaders (though they’re a ways from catching Jiffy Lube).
• Jiffy Lube helps sponsor an innovation contest at Cal-Berkeley, with interesting results.
• How Bebo’s Express Car Wash & Fast Lube raised more than $1,400 (though you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find it).
• Iowa lube operator catches a burglar on tape. Now police just have to find him.
• A man who showed up drunk to a Jiffy Lube pleads guilty.
• Finally, from BND.com, an Illinois lube shop comes up with a sliding scale price system.
“Express Lube Plus in Granite City is now offering a sliding scale system to accommodate consumers on a fixed income…the lube and oil change and full-service auto repair (shop)…will provide discounts for those with limited incomes that include those on Social Security, disability, public aid and unemployment. To qualify, customers must provide proper documentation showing proof of income…”
(This post written while listening to “Derezzed” by Daft Punk. Yeah, I saw “Tron: Legacy” a couple of weeks ago and loved it!)