Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• VIOC franchisee Great Lakes Quick Lube loses a tax lawsuit.
• Mr. Lube Canada gives one lucky customer a classic Mustang (the car, not the horse).
• How natural gas drilling has lead to a boom for parts of Pennsylvania, with lube operators enjoying the success.
• Profile of a new mobile lube business in Fremont, Nebraska.
• A new Colorado Walmart — with (not really a surprise) no Tire & Lube Express facility.
• Alabama-based Express Oil Change plans aggressive expansion in 2011.
(This post written while listening to “Money for Nothing” by Dire Straits. Remember when MTV really had programming worth watching?)