Back from a week spent at AAPEX with oil change companies making headlines:
• Canada-based Mr. Lube sells 23 corporate stores to strengthen its franchisee network.
• Information from a quick lube company shows that post-service customer satisfaction surveys may do more harm than good.
• Driver smashes through a Jiffy Lube and into a taco shop.
• Heartland Auto continues its expansion, this time buying Texaco Xpress Lube stores in Louisiana.
• More activity on the M&A front as a VIOC franchisee buys five Tennessee-based Shell Rapid Lubes.
• Havoline switches from Texaco to Chevron. (More in the December issue of NOLN.)
• Blogging about Jiffy Lube problems.
(This post written while listening to “Intergalactic” by the Beastie Boys.)