Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• Converted dealership re-opens as full-service auto repair and quick lube in Kentucky.
• Spokane, Washington-area Jiffy Lubes slash prices on oil changes.
• Blogging about 10,000-mile oil changes for GM vehicles.
• A remodeled Ohio Walmart axes the Tire & Lube Express center. We’ll know more when our Tops in the Industry rankings come out in March, but it’ll be interesting to see how many T&LE shops Walmart still operates.
• VIOCs raise funds to fight cancer.
• Jiffy Lube operator hurt by falling tree. (Our best wishes for a speedy recovery.)
• Not all Lincoln dealers are excited about paying millions of dollars to update their facilities.
(This post written while listening to “Tom Sawyer” by Rush.)