[UPDATE: We spoke to soon! Turns out CITGO will NOT have an officially licensed dexos, and Petro-Canada is sending conflicting signals. The updated list:]
More companies have opted to license their dexos-spec products with General Motors — and a couple more have refused, too. The most recent ones:
• CAM2 will license a dexos motor oil, though according to a letter the company wrote that was published in Jobber’s World, it is none too happy about it.
• As expected, Mobil 1 will join the dexos bandwagon. That hardly comes as a surprise given the company’s close association with GM in recent years. Witness the fact that all Cadillacs, Corvettes and many Camaro and turbocharged GM models come factory filled with Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil.
• Chevron will not carry an officially licensed dexos product, but will have unlicensed products available.
• According to Jobber’s World, CITGO has advised its marketers it will not have both a licensed product to meet dexos.
• Petro-Canada is undecided.
That leaves only ConocoPhillips as the remaining U.S. major undecided, and rumor is they will join the dexos licensed crowd. That leaves the landscape looking like this…
Marketers that WILL have an officially licensed dexos product:
Marketers that WILL NOT have an officially licensed dexos product (but that will make unlicensed products meeting dexos specs):
Marketers that remain undecided: