Oil change companies making headlines recently:
• Jiffy Lube meets its fundraising goal with time still left.
• Lube shop expands into tire sales.
• Fast lube/carwash holds “celebrity” fundraiser.
• Another fast lube now offering tire sales.
• Is Walmart still committed to the Tire & Lube Express idea? A Washington Wal-Mart is removing its T&LE facility, while plans for a new Wal-Mart Supercenter in Illinois no longer include a T&LE facility. Hmmmm.
• Upscale lube shop/carwash hits the auction block.
• New full-service auto shop in Ohio to include tire sales and quick lube bays. A trend here?
• Grease Monkey general manager named finalist for adventure show host competition.
• Mike Singletary helps Midas support teen safe driving campaign.