Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• A Jiffy Lube manager is killed by a drunk driver. (Our sincerest condolences to his family. Seriously, people, don’t drink and drive!)
• Toyota may use some of its Express Lube bays to repair recalled models.
• New Jersey carwash/Valvoline Instant Oil Change donates proceeds to Haiti disaster relief.
• A Florida shop owner is scammed by a paving company.
• Plans are underway to demolish a Michigan shop to make room for a Rite Aid.
• Shop owner wins award from Midas.
• Interview with a Colorado restaurateur/fast lube owner.
• More on former major leaguer and lube owner Lenny Dykstra’s financial problems.