Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• The stock of lube additives company Lubrizol is downgraded.
• A “female friendly” program comes to Canada.
• Tire company closes one store but adds lube shop to another store.
• Announcement from Midas regarding 22 shops bought from franchisee under settlement with California.
• Jiffy Lube aims to raise $1 million for heart disease research.
• Mobil 1 Lube Express shop opens in British Columbia.
• Money stolen from a VIOC in Massachusetts.
• Woman seeks refund from Jiffy Lube – publicly!
• Ashland releases 1Q earnings report, including good news for Valvoline and a 4 percent increase in sales at VIOC stores.