Oil change companies making headlines the past couple of weeks (with apologies for not posting while at the AAPEX show in Las Vegas!):
• Oy vey! A CBS station in Atlanta catches several lube shops selling unnecessary services — and then not performing the ones they’ve sold! Talk about a black eye for the industry.
• Lube shop opens in South Dakota.
• Wal-Mart unveils a “rent-to-own” vehicle concept, which includes maintenance at T&LE centers.
• Motor oil myths courtesy of Valvoline.
• North Carolina fast lube/carwash honors vets on Veterans Day.
• Interesting profile on an Ohio lube shop.
• Valvoline sees an earnings increase thanks to a 7 percent same-store sales jump at VIOC.