Companies making headlines around the lube industry this week:
• How dealerships are surviving by catering to oil change customers.
• A new VIOC facility wades through the zoning process.
• A fast lube plans to open in Beaumont, TX.
• Drunk driver smashes into customers‘ cars outside a fast lube.
• Jiffy Lube franchisee plans to construct another facility.
• Two Austin, TX lube employees help save a driver’s life.
• Lube shops are involved in an alleged real estate swindle.
• Quaker State repositions its motor oil line.
• More on Jiffy Lube’s 30th anniversary — which is actually its 35th, or 36th anniversary.