Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas and New Year’s break. We here at National Oil & Lube News sure did, but it’s back to business now, with some of the lube companies making headlines recently:
• A Michigan auto dealer donates its lube shop proceeds to a band.
• An article about Steve Allison’s stores converting to the Jiffy Lube brand.
• A Colorado Grease Monkey reopens after running into tax problems.
• A Texas Kwik Kar celebrates 10 years in business.
• Wal-Mart remodels a store, and converts the Tire & Lube Express into grocery space.
• Jiffy Lubes donate to fight heart disease.
• Another Wal-Mart store under construction deletes the planned Tire & Lube Express center. (It’s been rumored for some time that Wal-Mart has been less than pleased by financial results from TLE centers; could this be the beginning of a new trend that will see Wal-Mart slowly close its under-performing Tire & Lube Express centers in favor of more retail space?)
• NOLN picks up some pub about our Best Looking Lube Contest.