Companies making headlines this week:
• Auto dealerships go to great lengths to attract customers for service and maintenance work.
• Jiffy Lubes give away Ferraris…sort of.
• Cities debate whether or not to allow LED signs.
• Ashland (parent company of Valvoline and Valvoline Instant Oil Change) gets a negative stock rating.
• A Texas couple sues a Jiffy Lube over head injuries.
• The burglars of a Grease Monkey are arrested.
• A Jiffy Lube served as a place of refuge during a California shooting.
• Karn Jilek is elected president of the Jiffy Lube Association of Franchisees, the first female president of that organization. (Jilek was featured on the cover of the April 2004 issue of National Oil & Lube News in an article that detailed the increasing prominence of women in the fast lube industry.)