Heard from one of our readers commenting about the article on fire prevention and preparation we did in our February issue. Back on Dec. 31, one of his shops was replacing a fuel pump (he brings in a mechanic part-time to do heavier mechanical work like that). While the pump was being replaced, the mechanic’s polyester-blend shirt created a small static spark. That was all she wrote. The gas fumes ignited and the reader said the entire shop went up in flames. Fortunately, no one was hurt and he was insured. As a matter of fact, the shop’s set to reopen for business tomorrow. But he cautioned lube operators, managers and technicians everywhere to beware of static electricity, especially in the winter and especially if performing any sort of fuel pump or fuel filter work.
- With the Vehicle Recall Awareness Program, every consumer that enters a participating Valvoline Instant Oil Change… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- A lucky winner will receive a trip for two to Fort Myers, including air fare, hotel accommodations, training classe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Brad Bradshaw, Josh D'Agostino, Mike Hudgins and Keith Healy were promoted to key leadership roles within Mighty.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago