There is so much hype and misinformation surrounding pour-ins and similar add-on fluids in the market today. That’s why it’s important to do your research before hand so you can feel confidant before recommending or pouring a product in one of your customer’s cars.
Gumout is excited about their product, Multi-System Tune-Up. They provided us with an overview of their product. Check it out. Do your own research on this product and leave your comments below. After all, National Oil & Lube News began so quick maintenance professionals would have a common place to share and read industry insight, let’s get back to the basics.
- Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up uniquely treats the entire fuel system with a scientifically formulated blend of premium cleaning and conditioning agents, restoring performance and fuel economy in any engine type. While other cleaners burn up in the intense heat of the combustion chamber, the polyetheramine (PEA) used in Gumout remains stable, removing carbon deposits that can lead to pre-ignition and reduced combustion efficiency. With temperatures as high as 495 degrees, the combustion chamber is extremely difficult to clean. Only PEA remains stable enough in high heat to remove carbon deposits in this environment. Other detergents simply burn up without effectively cleaning piston tops, cylinder heads or direct injectors. That’s why any truly effective fuel system cleaner should contain PEA.
- Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up also features a range of conditioning ingredients as well. Antioxidants help stabilize fuel and oil, particularly in engines that are used less often, to keep varnish from developing on metal parts. And corrosion inhibitors keep key engine parts from degrading, helping to extend engine life.
- PEA is a nitrogen-based detergent that cleans engine parts in harsh conditions that other, less robust detergents can’t. Gumout also uses stronger concentrations of ingredients to ensure their effectiveness and rigorously tests every formula to meet tough performance, industry and safety standards.
- Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up can be used in gas, ethanol and diesel or poured into the crankcase to stabilize oil. And Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up is built to handle the requirements of modern engine technology, like GDI (gasoline direct injection), turbos and superchargers. It’s also equally effective on engines without those systems, thanks to its advanced ingredients.
- Like all Gumout products, Multi-System Tune-Up is thoroughly tested in our labs, in independent labs and in fleet tests. To provide statistical proof of its effectiveness, all of the relevant ASTM tests are performed.
*All bulleted views are strictly that of Gumout.