Oil change companies making headlines this week:
• OSHA fines Heartland Automotive/Jiffy Lube for slippery floors.
• Photo essay of a new lube shop opening in New England.
• Midas reopens a closed store in New Jersey.
• New Valvoline Instant Oil Change opens in Maryland. (Love all these new store openings!)
• Customer blames Georgia Jiffy Lube for her hood blowing off. Sad but true.
• Walmart building new super center in Colorado Springs, only this one WILL have a Tire & Lube Express.
• Police look for suspect in Jiffy Lube break-in.
• Customer pulls a knife on EZ Lube employees. (Talk about disgruntled!)
• Canadian Tire unveils “facility of the future” that will include lube bays.
• Canada-based Mr. Lube selected as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
(This post belatedly written while listening to “Centerfield” by John Fogerty. Your humble blog author took a couple of days off to attend the World Series!)